We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
This is the best time of year for apples… and apple festivals.
The fall harvest is just wrapping up and the stores are loaded with fresh crisp apples right off the tree.
Better yet, surely there is someone in your neighborhood with an over-abundance of apples from a tree or two in their yard who is looking for someone to make use of their excess bounty.
4 Fun Uses For Apples
My favorite things to do with apples from the fall harvest:
- Homemade apple butter spread over a slice of warm from the oven homemade bread.
- Making crock pot apple butter couldn’t be easier.
- While you’re brewing a pot of apple butter, you can sip on some homemade apple cider.
- Or you might want to tap into that jug of apple jack you made for special occasions.
More Apple Recipes
Just think how good your kitchen will smell with all those holiday spices simmering away!
Other Fun Things To Do With Apples
- 5 Good Uses For Your Apple Peels
- How To Grow Apple Seeds
- Dog Snack: Peanut Butter & Apple Sandwich
- A Fun Way To Slice Apples
- Creepy Halloween Treats: Apple Smiles
- Kids Crafts: Make Apple Print Cards
One of my all-time favorite "hobbies" is cooking at home! I especially enjoy experimenting with new ingredients …and different types of cookware. My specialties are foods that are diabetic-friendly, keto-friendly, and low-carb. I share my favorite recipes and cooking tips here at The Fun Times Guide to Food.