This is the best time of year for apples… and apple festivals.
The fall harvest is just wrapping up and the stores are loaded with fresh crisp apples right off the tree.
Better yet, surely there is someone in your neighborhood with an over-abundance of apples from a tree or two in their yard who is looking for someone to make use of their excess bounty.
4 Fun Uses For Apples
My favorite things to do with apples from the fall harvest:
- Homemade apple butter spread over a slice of warm from the oven homemade bread.
- Making crock pot apple butter couldn’t be easier.
- While you’re brewing a pot of apple butter, you can sip on some homemade apple cider.
- Or you might want to tap into that jug of apple jack you made for special occasions.
More Apple Recipes
Just think how good your kitchen will smell with all those holiday spices simmering away!
Other Fun Things To Do With Apples
- 5 Good Uses For Your Apple Peels
- How To Grow Apple Seeds
- Dog Snack: Peanut Butter & Apple Sandwich
- A Fun Way To Slice Apples
- Creepy Halloween Treats: Apple Smiles
- Kids Crafts: Make Apple Print Cards
I’ve been involved in RVing for over 40 yrs — including camping, building, repairing, and even selling RVs. I’ve owned, used, and repaired almost every class and style of RV ever made. I do all of my own repair work. My other interests include cooking at home, living with an aging dog, and dealing with diabetic issues. If you can combine a grease monkey with a computer geek, throw in a touch of information nut and organization freak, combined with a little bit of storyteller, you’ve got a good idea of who I am.