We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Do you know the top 10 mistakes restaurant goers make when dining out?
I think the best one is: “If there’s a Help Wanted sign in the window, take your business elsewhere.”
You don’t want to be the first person to break in the new chef, do you? (It might be that he was just promoted from dishwasher!)
But wait, there’s more!…
Mistakes When Dining Out With Kids
If you’ve got kids, then you certainly don’t want to make these mistakes when dining out with children. Summarized:
- If you don’t see kids there already, think twice about taking your own kids in.
- Kids menus often are overrated… and overpriced.
- Don’t introduce kids to a new food on vacation.
- Coffee (for you) and appetizers (for the entire family) could stave off tantrums.
- Kids’ meals should be brought out the same time as yours, not earlier.
- Always taste your child’s food first, checking for spices, temperature, etc.
Mistakes We All Make At The Table
How’s your etiquette when dining out?
Okay, so did you know that after you pick up a piece of cutlery, it should never touch the table again?
Do you place your napkin on your chair when you leave the table in between courses? Most of us do this, but do you know why it’s done? Answer: so no one will see the stains!
And on a related note, your napkin should be placed loosely to the left of your plate at the end of the meal. I know I usually place mine on top of the plate. Oops!
Mistakes That Restaurants Make
- 80 Of The Most Common Restaurant Mistakes
- Biggest Menu Mistakes Most Restaurants Make
- 4 Restaurant Wine Service Mistakes
- Top 10 Restaurant Startup Mistakes
- 6 Social Media Mistakes Made By Restaurants
- Restaurant Mistakes That Lead To A High Failure Rate
- 10 Restaurant Web Site Mistakes
- 7 Design & Decorating Restaurant Mistakes
- 5 Most Dangerous Restaurant Marketing Mistakes
I love my kitchen… and I like to cook. But my #1 requirement is that recipes have fewer than 7 ingredients (or arrive on my doorstep via a food delivery service). My absolute favorite thing about being in the kitchen is trying out new gadgets, cookware, and storage containers! I'm SUPER organized in the kitchen (and everywhere else) and I have every gadget I could possibly need neatly and compactly tucked away until I need it. I share only the simplest recipes (which is great for people who don't like to cook), along with time-saving food tips and cooking tricks (that will save you time and money). When I'm not cooking, cleaning, or organizing my kitchen… you can find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).