Au contraire my friend, quick healthy meals are always possible, no matter how short your time may be!
For starters, check out these easy meals for moms on the go to see just how easy it is to leave the pre-packaged junk food behind and include whole grains, nuts, and fresh produce in quick healthy meals.
- Crockpot oatmeal is a quick & easy breakfast. That’s right, you cook the oats through the night & wake up to the sweet smell of fresh oatmeal.
- Serve handfuls of nuts instead of 100-calorie pre-packaged snacks – they’re easy to eat on the go, and they’re oh so healthy.
- Keep salad fixin’s in Tupperware bowls in the fridge. That way, it’s a cinch to whip up a salad in a hurry and everyone gets to pick their own favorite ingredients.
- How about tasty chicken in just over 5 minutes? Simply use a variety of seasonings to suit fussy appetites. Boneless low-fat chicken breasts make some of the best quick & healthy meals.
You say, even just 15 to 20 minutes of prep time isn’t going to work for you? Then you’ll be glad to know there’s still a way to serve up quick healthy meals.
Check out these meal delivery systems that do all the prep work for you:
- Send a Meal ships their dinners to you frozen. All you do is pop them in the oven.
- Supper Thyme USA provides all the ingredients. You go to their kitchen and assemble your order.
- Dine Wise ships meal packages tailored to suit your personal needs. They ship anywhere.
- Nutrisystem offers portion controlled meals that can make a big difference for weight loss.
My own favorite way to avoid the last-minute supper preparation blues is to plan ahead — even if it means getting up a few minutes earlier in the morning. I break out the old crock pot and load it up with a beef roast, pork shoulder, or maybe some spare ribs. Add some vegetables and seasoning and let her simmer on low all day!
Having dinner ready to eat when I arrive home from a hard day’s work is all the motivation I need to use a crockpot.
Quick healthy meals don’t need to be a time-consuming ordeal. Heck, Rachael Ray does it in 30-minutes. I often do it quicker than that!
In this video, the food experts at Good Housekeeping demonstrate some food products that make preparing quick healthy meals even easier:
One of my all-time favorite "hobbies" is cooking at home! I especially enjoy experimenting with new ingredients …and different types of cookware. My specialties are foods that are diabetic-friendly, keto-friendly, and low-carb. I share my favorite recipes and cooking tips here at The Fun Times Guide to Food.