This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
Did you know?…
The world’s longest hot dog was 1,996 feet, made in honor of the 1996 Olympics.
Listen to Bud Light’s Real American Heroes ”Mr. Footlong Hot Dog Inventor”:
Baseball And Hotdogs Go Hand In Hand
- Here are the most legendary franks from America’s ballparks and cities.
- On a mission to rate (detail-for-detail) all 30 major league ballparks, these guys share their report cards for the baseball parks they’ve visited to date — including how the hot dogs score at each park!
- Check out the top hot dog eating baseball stadiums.
- According to the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council, Americans are expected to eat 27.5 million hot dogs at major league baseball parks!
- Has anyone had any of these “organic” hotdogs (or pretzels, chicken or salad) at the ballpark yet? Salad?… are they for real?
- Check out the “Hall of Franks” –people named frank who’ve played various positions in baseball.
If hot dogs consumed in major league ballparks were laid end to end, they would stretch from Yankee Stadium in New York City to Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. Source
Humor About Hot Dogs
- Funny Hot Dog Photos — a funny photo of a “wiener dog” on a hotdog bun.
- AUDIO: “Nobody Puts Ketchup On A Hot Dog!” — a Clint Eastwood classic from Sudden Impact.
- Hot Dog Condiment Holder — a talking condiment holder for your relish, ketchup and mustard! (Here’s another handy condiment holder.)
- VIDEO: Happy Hot Dog Man — turn ordinary hotdogs into hot dogs that are FUN to eat!
- The “Official” Hot Dog Thread — interesting input from average, everyday hotdog eaters.
- What Makes A NY Hot Dog Taste So Good? — get the (comical) facts here!
- Hot Dog Etiquette — yes, there ARE official rules for eating hotdogs.
- Hot Dog Calorie Counter — check out this online calorie counter for the health-conscious who love hotdogs.
- Hot Dog Business Success Stories — from a manufacturer of hot dog stands and hot dog vending carts.
- Best Hot Dogs — see where the best hot dogs are in your area!
- Hot Dog Bubble Gum — supposedly, this stuff was popular ages ago!
- Octodog — turn your ordinary hot dog into an edible octopus.
- Video: Virtual Tour Inside Wienermobile — Did you know that one Oscar Meyer Wienermobile vehicle weighs exactly one million hot dogs and travels about 1,000 miles per week or about 50,000 per year?!
- Congress Supports Mustard On Hotdogs — it’s official.
- Sterling Silver Hot Dog Charm — complete with mustard and ketchup.
- Ballpark Franks Is Calling Vegetarians Un-American — skip to the part where a vegetarian wrote a letter to the company… then read the company’s reply!
- Hot Dog Cookers – get your own hot dog rotisserie griller and bun warmer!
- Ballpark Franks Hot Air Balloon — advertising comes in all shapes and sizes these days.
- Hot Dog Costumes — a Halloween costume that puts you inside a hotdog bun. There’s one for every man, woman, child… and dog!
- A Tough Old Hot Dog — a funny story (and VIDEO) about a hotdog that has traveled over 80,000 miles on the antenna of a car!
Facts & History About Hot Dogs
- Hot Dogs Are The Fans’ Favorite — amazing facts about hotdogs and sports… particularly baseball.
- Wikipedia: Hotdogs — everything you could want to know about hotdogs… and more!
- Hot Dog History — lots of fun facts about hotdogs here.
- Hot Dogs 101 — scroll down for the fun facts!
- Food Safety Inspection Service — check out the USDA’s take on hotdogs, including what they’re made of and what makes a hot dog a hotdog.
- History & Legends — twisted facts about hot dogs.
- Take A Virtual Tour — see how hot dogs are made.
I love my kitchen… and I like to cook. But my #1 requirement is that recipes have fewer than 7 ingredients (or arrive on my doorstep via a food delivery service). My absolute favorite thing about being in the kitchen is trying out new gadgets, cookware, and storage containers! I'm SUPER organized in the kitchen (and everywhere else) and I have every gadget I could possibly need neatly and compactly tucked away until I need it. I share only the simplest recipes (which is great for people who don't like to cook), along with time-saving food tips and cooking tricks (that will save you time and money). When I'm not cooking, cleaning, or organizing my kitchen… you can find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).