We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
I’m always looking for ways to stretch my grocery bill –because who isn’t on a budget these days, right?
I enjoy finding new frugal recipes to try.
So, I decided the other day that I would see how many budget-friendly recipes I could find online that were incredibly tasty and didn’t cost much to make.
Here’s my list:
- Country Pie – Country pie only costs between $6 and $7 to make, and it can last a family of 3 for 2 days. Now that’s frugal!
- Plain Muffins – I really like this one because she also tells you how to make whole wheat muffins, plus some other additions that you can add to the recipe to change it a bit.
- Veg-Out Soup – I love soup in the Fall!
- Homemade Donuts – The secret is to start with refrigerated canned biscuits.
- 6 Can Beef Stew – I make one almost like this. It’s so cheap to make — like $7. And you can make it in your crockpot too!
- Tomato Pie – A great way to use up all those fresh tomatoes from your garden!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Rice – This could be made a bit healthier if you substitute brown rice for white instant rice (which has no health value).
- Turkey Pot Pie – I like the ingenuity of using biscuits instead of a pie crust. And it amounts to about 30-cents a serving.
- Bagel Gone Bananas Recipe – Save money on cream cheese!
- Frugal Roasted Red Potatoes – Such a simple recipes that is incredibly tasty.
- Super Simple Tuna Casserole – It only costs about $4.50 to make.
- Easy Hamburger Casserole – I bet you’ve got all of these ingredients at home already.
- Whole Chicken Recipe – This one’s quick and easy, as long as you find whole chickens on sale.
- Chicken Marsala – The secret is starting with a whole chicken, a frugal foodie’s favorite!
- Lentil Shepherd’s Pie – a vegetarian take on classic Shepherd’s Pie with beef.
Other Sources For Great Frugal Recipes
My favorite things to write about are topics that have to do with pregnancy, weddings, saving money, living green, and life with dogs. When I’m not writing, I love to spend time with my husband, read, create 3D artwork and Native American beadwork.