See how the major airports stack up when it comes to healthy (and tasty) restaurant food.
The following reports on airport food can help you to make good choices — when you’re traveling by plane.
Listen to Bud Light’s Real Men of Genius ”Mr. Airline Meal Chef”
Best Airport Food?
I realize that “best airport food” is kind of an oxymoron.
But, the next time you find yourself stranded in an airport or waiting during a layover, you might appreciate the findings in these reports which highlight the best locations for airport dining.
Most of the reports contain an annual summary of what the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) found at the busiest U.S. airports, which are ranked from best to worst, in terms of food choices.
For the record, airports that are consistently at the top of the list are:
Now the reports…
- More than 80% of Restaurants Offer Low-Fat Vegetarian Options
- Best Spots For Airport Dining in 18 U.S. Cities
- Most Restaurants Now Offering Healthful Low-Fat, Vegetarian Choices
- 13 Best U.S. Airport Restaurants
- The Availability Of Low-Fat, High-Fiber, Cholesterol-Free Entrees Has Increased Sharply
- Sandwich Shops Have Replaced Hot Dog Stands And There Are Sushi Restaurants In Place Of Fast Food Joints
- Airlines Eliminate In-Flight Meals; Passengers Are Turning To Restaurants In Terminals For Carry-On Entrees
- The Nation’s Best Airport Restaurants
- Airport Food Review Of The 15 Busiest U.S. Airports
- What The Airlines Themselves Are Offering On-Board Their Planes
- The Average Percentage Of Healthy Options Remained About The Same
- Food & Wine Magazine’s Best Airport Restaurants
- The World’s Best Airport Food
- Reader Picks: Best Airport Restaurants
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).