This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Did you know many restaurants have a secret dining menu you can order from that isn’t part of their regular menu?
Here are 10 secret menu items you probably didn’t know existed at popular restaurants. (Here are even more.)
- The burger isn’t the only thing you can get Animal Style at at In-N-Out Burger. You can also get your fries Animal Style, if you ask. (More tips for ordering off the secret menu there.)
- Have you ever had a Hypocrite at Fatburger? (It’s a veggie burger topped with bacon!) They don’t advertise it much.
- At Subway you can still get the popular pizza sub from the 90s, if you ask.
- Few know there’s a Short Size at Starbucks — which is convenient when you’re a few shillings short for the price of a tall. (Here are even more items from Starbuck’s secret menu.)
- Jamba Juice has little-known flavors like Strawberry Shortcake, White Gummy Bear, PB&J, as well as random Starbursts, Fruity Pebbles, Push-Up Pops, and Skittles flavors.
- The Wendy’s Grand Slam has 4 patties instead of 3. Just ask for a Meat Cube.
- Did you know that Taco Bell has a green chili sauce? They don’t advertise it, but they’ll add it if you ask.
The point is at most restaurants you can modify your meal with add-ons, substitutions, and size accommodations to fit your personal desires. All you have to do is ask!
So if you find an item no longer on the menu at your favorite restaurant — even if it was just a short-term specialty item — chances are pretty good you can still get it.
Of course, this may not work too well at places like 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. With only 6 things on the menu, your only options there are how you want your burger dressed!
My own local favorite is the Duluth Grill right here in Duluth, Minnesota. Their burgers are supreme, but the french fries just don’t fit into my diabetic diet. They are always happy to replace the fries with their even better onion rings. (It’s hardly a sacrifice on my part.)
For In-N-Out Burger fans, this video decodes the secret dining menu there:
One of my all-time favorite "hobbies" is cooking at home! I especially enjoy experimenting with new ingredients …and different types of cookware. My specialties are foods that are diabetic-friendly, keto-friendly, and low-carb. I share my favorite recipes and cooking tips here at The Fun Times Guide to Food.