Superfoods are a special category of foods found in nature. By definition they are calorie sparse and nutrient dense meaning they pack a lot of punch for their weight as far as goodness goes. They are superior sources of anti-oxidants and essential nutrients – nutrients we need but cannot make ourselves. Source
Benefits Of Superfoods
The one thing that all superfoods have in common is the fact that they are ‘real’ (unprocessed) food.
Organic and unprocessed foods — including superfoods — are growing in popularity as more and more people are eating ‘real foods’ and striving to eat a healthier diet.
Superfoods help you build up your resistance to disease. They also help you maintain better mental acuity and cardiovascular health.
Specifically, the benefits of superfoods are quite numerous and include:
- Preventing or reducing inflammation
- Helping to regulate metabolism and burn body fat
- Lowering total cholesterol
- Lowering blood pressure
- Helping protect against heart disease
- Helping protect against cancer
- Helping protect organs from toxins
- Promoting digestive health
Superfood You Should Be Eating
The above list includes some of the least-popular superfoods, while this list of the top 10 superfoods that most people eat are quite common and easy to include in your daily diet.
Check out this superfood list that breaks down all superfoods into the following categories:
- Green superfoods
- Fruit & Nut superfoods
- Bee superfoods
- Seaweed superfoods
- Herb superfoods
This video will help you learn more about superfood, including the best superfoods to eat and why. (Did you know that most superfoods come from outside of the U.S.?)…
Superfood: It Does A Body Good
- America’s Healthiest Superfoods For Women
- 20 Superfoods For Weightloss
- Best Superfoods For Kids
- Foods With Super Powers For Men
- Superfoods You Can Buy Online (Amazon.com)
- Best Superfoods For Weight Loss
- Superfood Bread: What Makes Sourdough Bread Different
- 5 Super Foods For Men
- Best Superfood For Women Of Every Age